Another week is almost halfway done. Why not kick back and taste some of the finer things that the Inter-Net-Blogo-Sphere has to offer in the world of beer and soccer!
Free Beer Movement News
* We're still looking for fans of the Free Beer Movement to send in their "Free Beer Movement in Action" stories and pictures. The Movement is only as strong as you and your efforts. Share them with us and get a free FBM sticker for your troubles! Read more about the "Free Beer Movement in Action" and what we're looking for.
* The FBM is heading to Chicago for the USMNT game against Poland on Oct. 9th. We'll be hitting up the Major League Soccer match between the Chicago Fire and the Columbus Crew as well the night before. Look for us at all the American Outlaws events (night before party, pre-match bar, march to the stadium, tailgate, supporter's section, and post-match bar). We'll be handing out FBM stickers all night!
Check out the FBM Facebook event details
The American Outlaws Event Page
* God Damnnit! I told you to clean up this place. Don't you know that a FIFA delegation is coming to the U.S. next week to evaluate our 2018/2022 World Cup Bid? Fuck! Shit! Look at this place!
Alright... alright. Just stay cool. Relax. Just go and sign the petition and we'll call things all square.
* Oh... hells... yeah. The new FIFA 11 trailer is out and it looks bad-ass.
FIFA 11 Official Trailer from Pablo Gonzalez on Vimeo
* You know what the American soccer world needs more of? No, not a quality coach at the head of the National Team. That's for another time and place.
We're talking satire. Yes, satire because there's nothing like a little dry humor to really gut-punch the fragile self-esteem of soccer fans in America.
But, seriously... we stumbled across Beer and Soccer, "the internet's finest source of fake news regarding MLS and U.S. Soccer". Which is all well and good that they deal in fake news because if they were dabbling in free beer and soccer they'd be meeting with our team of lawyers.
Pending lawsuit or not these folks are freakin' hilarious. Check it out.
* Happy 200th Birthday to the can! Yes, that beautiful aluminum thing that delivers beer from the store, to the fridge or cooler, to our mouths celebrated the 200th anniversary of its invention by a Frenchman named Nicolas Appert last week. One of the only productive things we got from the French. Thanks for almost nothing, guys!
Just be careful where you go around yelling, "Nice cans!"
* The Discovery Channel is launching a TV series all about beer. The new show is called "Brewed" and will be hosted by Dogfish Head (Milton, DE) founder Sam Calagione. It is set to premiere in January of 2011.
From the press release:
Beer is the drink of the masses. If you look into a glass of beer you can see the past, present and future of mankind. Cicero lauded it, Genghis Khan fought for it and now Discovery Channel celebrates it with a world premiere series, BREWED, exploring the culture, history and variety of beer.Getting thirsty just thinking about it. What are the chances that the FBM could make an appearance? We're kind of a big deal....
Support the Movement. Get the Free Beer Movement T-Shirt. Only from Objectivo.com