Friday, July 16, 2010

Homeward Bound: A Wisconsin Beer-grimage (Part 3)

We've settled in back at FBM HQ in Austin, Texas, but there juuuuust a bit more to share from our journey to Wisconsin. Plenty of great memories to recall here including: checking out my Milwaukee Brewers (even though they blow this year), a trip to the New Glarus and Minhas Breweries, a limburger cheese shop and bar, and reliving a part of the ol' college days.

If you're just joining us check our parts one and two.

Not that I don't like the delicious milk (and later, cheese)
that you produce, but you think one of you could evolve to making beer?

Miller Park. I think I'll be able to get a beer in there.

Gettin' artsy.

Yeah, that's right, I wore my U.S. jersey to a baseball game. Move over "America's Pastime"!

Sorry Miller Brewing Co. Just passing through. Besides I used to give your tours. I could give it myself.



Ahhhh.... memory lane. Putting in some quality pine-riding time at ol' Breese Stevens (a former polo ground).


New Glarus Brewing Co.'s brand new brewing facility. (New Glarus, Wisconsin)

Copper kettles. Nice!


Minhas Craft Brewery (Monroe, Wisconsin). Formerly the
Joseph Huber Brewing Co. and makers of Berghoff Beer.
The second oldest brewery in the United States after
Yuengling.




Baumgartner's Cheese Store and Tavern.
Only makers of limburger in the United States. And for good reason!



The most fantastic piece of art in the world. "The Battle Between Beer and Wine" hangs over the bar at Baumgartner's. Beer wins, of course!

Memorial Union on the University of Wisconsin - Madison (Go Badgers!) campus.

Rooting for the dirty Dutch in the FBM Household.

Sunset at the waterfront Union. See ya later, Wisco!

Bookmark and ShareSupport the Movement. Get the Free Beer Movement T-Shirt. Only from Objectivo.com

2 comments:

  1. As a former Madison resident and former member of the Mad City Flyers soccer team in the late 70's your tour brought back some memories. Don't recall playing soccer in Breese Stevens field, but as a member of the La Follette High School marching band I have tipped a few there.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I played with Mad City Flyers. Late 70s. Yes, we played at least one or two games at Breeze Stevens. Even had programs!

    ReplyDelete

"Anyone who tells me soccer is boring, I'm going to punch them in the face."
- Former Dallas Burn (aka FC Dallas) coach Dave Dir

Thanks for leaving a comment!